We are recruiting a Technical Manager in our Holton site.
- To develop and implement effective management systems to ensure operational and technical integrity; develop expertise across the site, fully understanding the processes and constraints, to continuously improve food safety, legality and quality compliance across the site, in conjunction with other members of the operations team.
- Accountable for the technical and quality assurance function of the site.
- Develop and implement a site plan to deliver continuous improvement against quality, cost and technical KPIs and ensure that the site and suppliers maintain the standards required by all customers and relevant codes of practice/guidelines.
- Ensure effective QMS in place that encompasses all aspects of food safety and quality to required internal and external standards; ensures that the HACCP system employed across the site is fit for purpose. Responsible for continuous improvement of these standards in conjunction with senior site management.
- Review and develop the technical team to ensure they maintain acceptable standards of performance and behaviour and are aware of their roles and accountabilities. Succession planning is key.
- Lead and drive continued performance improvement within the Technical team against standards and targets ensuring every team member is equipped to deliver against all expectations.
- Ensure that site is legally and contractually compliant in all areas and to actively promote hygiene, health and safety, immediately halting any unsafe practices and taking appropriate action to remedy.
- Monitor the ongoing progress of the operation, liaising with production and other departments as necessary to predict and mitigate problem areas and develop solutions.
- Communicate, liaise and escalate issues with the Site Director and key customers and other departments wherever necessary.
- Ensure that the site achieves and maintains the targeted level of accreditation through customer/legal auditing processes.
- Oversees technical involvement in trials associated with Technical, NPD, Engineering, Manufacturing, Packaging, Hygiene, etc.
- Responsible for retrieving data, compiling and presenting ad hoc technical reviews to site and company senior management.
- Responsible for leading, or providing suitable resource for site technical visits and audits by customers and other visitors
- Accountable for ensuring that complaint investigations are completed in a timely, yet thorough manner, with root cause analysis completed and documented and preventative actions implemented to either reduce or eliminate the risk of recurrence where possible. Responsible for identifying areas in which there is a perceived need to drive down customer and consumer complaints YOY, based upon CPMU (and actual number where appropriate).
- Accountable for ensuring that internal incident investigations are completed in a timely, yet thorough manner, with root cause analysis completed and documented and preventative actions implemented to either reduce or eliminate the risk of recurrence where possible (in conjunction with other departments).
- Maintains a full log of incidents and associated documentation.
- Leads independent projects as and when the need arises, ensuring that all company, legislative, customer and 3rd party accreditation body standards are considered.
- Ultimately responsible for the origination and maintenance of own label specification requirements. Ensuring data is cross referenced between BM and Customer specifications.
- Accountable for the completion of TSA and HARA (or other customer requirements) in line with customer requirements
Skills & Experience:
- Industry recognised Technical qualification at bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- Relevant food manufacturing experience in a similar role (minimum 7 years).
- Demonstrable track record of delivering continuous improvement in technical and food safety standards.
- Excellent track record of managing teams; building capability, addressing any issues effectively and in compliance with legislative and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate and influence internally and externally at all levels of an organisation.
- Experience of working with a complex, demanding retail or similar customer base.
- A high level of flexibility is required and the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment with sometimes conflicting needs and wants.
- Advanced HACCP.
- Poultry Welfare Officer.
- Advanced Food Hygiene.
- Recognised Internal Audit training and experience of managing internal and external auditing processes and requirements.
- Recognised 3rd Party Audit training.
- Recognised PC skills (Microsoft Office Word, Excel & Powerpoint).
Job Type: Permanent