- PPV – Responsibility for delivery of PPV target for site as well as identifying risks and opportunities with support from group procurement
- Risk Mitigation – Continuous supply of raw materials and packaging to requirements by managing the medium term demand v availability (S&OP) highlighting and resolving potential issues.
- Supplier relationships – Lead the day to day development of supplier relationships at all levels and across functions to support continuous improvement; key supply chain contact to support site in resolving repeat supply / claims / quality issues, escalating to BU/Central where relevant.
- Contingency – Develop contingency plans for all key raw materials and indirect materials/services working with site development, supply chain teams and group procurement
- NPD – Sourcing new ingredients / suppliers, ensuring that both pass quality audits and have signed BMF Terms and Conditions of Purchase to manage commercial and technical risk for all new and existing suppliers and ensuring continued dialogue with group procurement
- Simplification – Minimise supplier and SKU proliferation, utilising the current supplier base where appropriate, represent Procurement in NPD and other business project teams.
- Data provision – Provide costing information, either directly or from Group Procurement, responding to commodity pricing information requests and advising price increases to the Commercial team. Maintain awareness of external issues affecting the business.
- Liaise with Group Procurement to support implementation of group contracts and contract cover for key raw materials,
- Support the cost out and supplier improvement agenda for Indirects, progressing initiatives to planned timings through liaison with user departments
- Responsible for at least one BU project per year – e.g. Value Engineering.
A minimum 2 years experience in procurement in a manufacturing environment; both directs and indirects experience is preferable
Experience of delivering a challenging VE agenda
IT literate, numerate, with analytical ability and strong interpersonal skills
Experience of supplier management tools – SLA’s, KPI’s etc
Self motivated, able to develop self and team Project Management experience
Understanding of Procurement techniques demonstrated through effective management of a wide supply base
Ability to work under pressure and set appropriate prioritization
CIPS qualified preferable