Eat a variety of veg and fruits to get lots of nutrients and fibre.
Use several food groups at each meal because different fruits and vegetables contain different types of nutrients.
Eat poultry, meat and fish daily because these foods are the best sources of iron and zinc.
If there are certain vegetables you and your family prefer, try mixing them with different veg that’s sometimes less appealing, for example:
- Sneak in new veg by preparing it differently. Dice or cut it into thin julienne strips and mix it in with a handful of your favourite steamed veg
- Or try roasting different veg and adding your favourite seasoning e.g. chilli, Cajun, fresh herbs, BBQ seasoning
- Puree vegetables and add to your favourite tomato sauces and stews
- Blitz either butternut squash, peas, broccoli, spinach and kale and add to your favourite risotto or pasta dish
- Make pasta bakes with wholegrain pasta, you’re less likely to notice the difference when the pasta is cooked in sauce.