We (Bernard Matthews Foods Limited) have set up our Facebook Page (the “Page”) for you to use and enjoy, and we are keen to keep it like this. While we'd like to see your comments, photos, videos and posts, we reserve the right to remove any content that is offensive, off-topic, inappropriate or does not comply with the rules below.
These rules apply to any and all comments and material which you contribute or post to our Page and to any interactive services associated with it. By accessing or using the Page and/or any content or materials available on or via the Page, or by posting any content or material on the Page, you signify that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these rules.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards, which apply to each part of any post or contribution as well as to its whole. Conduct and content
We ask users to consider the content of the information they are intending to share before they upload it to the Page. Once it has been uploaded, the content will be in the public domain. Users should check their personal Facebook profile settings to protect their identity and personal information.
Posts and contributions must:
• be accurate (where they state facts);
• be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
• comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Posts and contributions must not:
• contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
• contain any material which is obscene, indecent, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
• be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
• abuse, insult, intimidate, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of
• be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person;
• promote or contain sexually explicit material;
• promote violence;
• promote any illegal activity;
• promote any discrimination, including discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual
orientation or age;
• infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person, or include any files containing software or other material protected by intellectual property rights unless you own or control such rights or have obtained the
necessary permissions and consents;
• be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer
• be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
• be likely to mislead or deceive any person;
• give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
• delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
• falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
• advertise products or services;
• contain links to external websites;
• transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
• knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; or
• contain corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
We are not responsible for content uploaded by users and do not necessarily endorse content or share the views and opinions expressed within such content.
You shall be responsible for all content, information or materials of whatever nature or medium that you submit, post, upload, publish or display on or through the Page or transmit to or share with other users (“User Content”) and you warrant and undertake that you own the intellectual property rights in and to all such content or that you are otherwise entitled to submit the same to the Page.
Save in respect of the User Content, all intellectual property rights in and to the Page and all content and materials contained therein are owned by and shall remain owned by us. You may view, download and print any materials and information made available through the Page subject to the following conditions: (a) the material and information may only be used for your personal and non-commercial purposes; (b) the material and information shall not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium; (c) the material and information may not be modified or altered in any way; (d) the material and information may not be distributed or sold to any third party; and (e) you may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the material or the information.
You acknowledge and agree that we may, but are not obligated to, monitor the content (including the User Content) on the Page and may delete or remove from the Page immediately without notice any User Content or any other content of whatever nature, for any or no reason, including without limitation, if such content in our absolute discretion:
• infringes the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any third person; and/or
and such removal will be without any admission as to liability and without prejudice to our other rights and remedies. Furthermore, failure to comply with these rules will result in users being banned from using our Page. We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this policy through your use of the Page. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Other websites and interactive services
The Page may contain links to other websites and microsites operated by third parties as well as content, information and other materials belonging to or originating from third parties. Such websites and content are not under our control and we make no warranties or representations whatsoever in respect of the same. Without limiting the foregoing, such third party websites and content are in no way approved, vetted, checked or endorsed by us and we shall not be responsible or in any way liable for the content, accuracy, compliance with relevant laws or accessibility of any information, data, advice or statements or for the quality of any products or services available on or included in such content or websites. If you choose to access these, you do so at your own risk.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Page, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not. Liability
We cannot be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or any other property when using or browsing the Page. The downloading or other acquisition of any materials or information through the Page is done at your own discretion and risk and with your agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the downloading or acquisition of any such materials.General
We reserve the right to change these rules from time to time at our sole discretion and your use of the Page will be subject to the most current version of the rules posted on the Page at the time of such use.
These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.