1. ABOUT US
1.1 The promoter is Bernard Matthews Limited, Great Witchingham Hall, Great Witchingham, Norwich, Norfolk NR9 5QD. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 625299. Our registered office is at Great Witchingham Hall, Great Witchingham Norwich, Norfolk NR9 5QD. Our VAT number is 324343876.
1.2 To contact us, please visit us at http://www.bernardmatthews.com/contact-us or call us on 01603 872611.
2. THE DRAW
2.1 The Draw shall be open to enter from 10.00am on 18 April 2016 until 3.59pm on 20 April 2016 to attendees at the National Convenience Show. All entries posted or received after this time will be automatically disqualified.
2.2 To enter the Draw, participants need to find a foamboard animal which is located somewhere around Hall 8 in the NEC, Birmingham during the National Convenience Show. They will then need to visit the Bernard Matthews stand (stand C59), complete a paper entry form with their details and selecting of the foamboard animal seen from 3 multiple choice options, and post their entry into the entry box. This is the only way to enter the Draw and no entries may be submitted by any other means, whether by post or otherwise.
2.3 One winner will be selected at 4:00pm on 20 April 2016 from the eligible entries (the participants who have entered the correct answer to the question). The winners will be chosen by a random draw performed by picking a paper entry out of the box. There will be a maximum of 1 winner.
2.4 The winning entrant will win an Amazon email able gift voucher to the total value of £100. All terms and conditions relating to the gift voucher’ use will be referenced on the gift vouchers and/or on any accompanying literature or website. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered or available.
2.5 In entering the Draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. We may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Draw.
2.6 Only one entry may be submitted per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
2.7 Entries may be disqualified if:
a) they are made on the basis of a false name or other false entry details;
b) there has been an attempt to tamper or interfere with the entry process; or
c) we otherwise believe that they have not been made in accordance with these Terms.
3. CONTACTING THE WINNER AND DISTRIBUTING THE PRIZE
3.1 The winner will be notified by email within one week of the Draw. Once the winner has received the notification email, they can claim their prize by responding to that email with confirmation that they are happy to receive their prize to the email they were contacted on.
3.2 The prize will be sent to the winner’s email address, provided by the participant within one week of the date we receive the confirmation email in accordance with condition 3.1.
3.3 We reserve the right to re-draw the Draw if a winner:
a) does not provide any information and/or confirmation requested to prove their eligibility to enter; or
b) cannot reasonably be contacted by us within 30 days of the date on which they are selected.
4.1 Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible or incomplete entries will be invalid. We accept no responsibility for entries not received or successfully completed or which are lost, mislaid or damaged for any reason.
4.2 We accept no responsibility where participants are erroneously notified as being winners for any reason and we reserve the right not to issue prizes in these circumstances.
4.3 Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, disappointment, personal injury or death occurring as a result of entering the Draw or taking up the prize except where it is caused by our negligence or that of our agents or distributors or that of our employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
4.4 We further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Draw.
5.1 We reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone who is in breach of these Terms.
5.2 We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to hold void, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, in whole or in part, the Draw or the prize with or without prior notice where it becomes necessary to do so (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). If you have already entered the Draw) by that point we will notify you of the change via the email address which you supply to us upon entry. We will endeavour to give two (2) days' notice of such a cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. If this is not possible we shall give you as much notice as we reasonably can in the circumstances.
5.3 Events may occur that render the Draw, the selection of winners or the awarding of prizes impractical due to reasons beyond our control. We may, at our discretion, make such variations or amendments as we feel are necessary as a result of such events.
5.4 Our decision regarding any aspect of the Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
5.6 These Terms (together with the documents referred to in them, including those referred to in condition 5.6 above) constitute the entire agreement between you and Bernard Matthews Limited in relation to your entry to the Draw.
5.7 We may update these Terms from time to time. We will notify you of any changes either by e-mail or by placing a suitable notice on the website. These changes will take effect once such notice has been given.
5.8 We may at any time assign or transfer any or all of its rights and obligations under or arising from these Terms.
5.9 Each of the conditions of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
5.10 These Terms relate to an agreement between you and Bernard Matthews Limited. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms.
1. Bernard Matthews Limited is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act the data controller is Bernard Matthews Limited of Great Witchingham Hall, Great Witchingham, Norwich NR9 5QD.
3. We may collect and process the following data about you:
a) Information you give us. In entering the Draw you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, enter the Draw or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include:
• your name;
• your email address;
• your address; and
• if you are selected as a winner, proof of your age.
b) Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and/or
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
c) Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties and may receive information about you from them.
4. We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure that we delete it securely. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. We may use information held about you in the following ways:
a) Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising in relation to the Draw and from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information that you request from us;
• to notify you about changes to the Draw;
• to administer the prizes; and/or
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
b) Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in any interactive features, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and/or
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
c) Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
7. Information provided while using any social media site(s) associated with us or the Draw may also be separately gathered by those sites and used in accordance with their terms of service / use and privacy policies.
8. We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
9. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
a) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
10. Please note that by entering the Draw you are providing information to both Bernard Matthews Limited and to Shorthose Russell (the “Agency”), a communications company helping us to run and administer the Draw. The Agency is registered in England and Wales with company number 06265777 and their registered office is at Bankside 300 Peachman Way, Broadland Business Park, Norwich NR7 0LB.
11. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
12. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
13. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at www.bernardmatthews.com/contact-us.